Wednesday, September 17, 2014

My oh my look at these flies

It is pretty easy to identify differences between life in Ethiopia, and life in America. Some of the differences are monumental, like the food, or the religious vigor and tolerance EVERYONE seems to have here.  

And then there are the smaller, more subtle differences that I find very entertaining.

 Like the flies that just land on peoples faces and sit there. lol I know this sounds weird, and trust me it is very weird. But the flies here just walk around on the faces of children, like they would walk on a piece of bread back home.

I have seen flies just roaming all over a child's face. Kids will be in the middle of a conversation and PLOP a fly lands on their forehead and will just wander down to the kids eyeball or mouth, and the kid will not swat it away. They do not shake their heads, they just keep talking and smiling, as if its
not there.






It is a true sight to behold and I am of the opinion that Ethiopians need to do a better job of taming their fly population.  I know that living amongst livestock is the cause of the amount of flies, and the children are just used to them always being there, flying around, and landing on them. But because the flies are used to such docile and un-noticing human beings, they fly towards my face and do not seem to understand why I swat them away.

I swat
They move & try again
I swat
They move & try again

I swear its absolutely insane and I don't have to deal with such bold flies in America. All flies are a tad persistent, but I swear they are not like these flys. I need these Ethiopian flies to understand that I will kill a n*gga lol
.

3 comments:

  1. lol >.< I know I know... im ridiculous for this one lol BUT its just sooo true! and i find it very funny lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg(osg!) this is hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :P
    I thought it was funny too lol

    ReplyDelete