Saturday, February 15, 2014

Peace Corps Timeline

all the cool kids are doing it soo...

My Peace Corps Timeline
369 days from application to invitation 


February 4th 2013:   Became obssesed with the PC. Don't know what it is? READ HERE. Completed application and sent references.

March 28th 2013: The Interview!!!! Read about it here

April 8th 2013: Received Nomination for Dominican Republic.

April 25th 2013: Received my Legal Packet in the mail!! 


June 19th -  I got scared and fearful for a number of reasons and ultimately decide  to postpone my PC service, so I inform my recruiter. Readdd itttt


June 20th -My application is officially withdrawn...or more like placed on hold. I will have exactly 1 year to make it active again and from there I will continue where I left off... I will not have to start all over (thank the lord)

~4 months later
I regretted my decision to put PC on hold, and Grad school sucked Sooooo.....

October 6th: Emailed PC office to reactivate my application


October 17th: Recruiter gives me a few questions to answer about my decision to reactivate. 

October 22nd: officially reactivated and back on track!! Although, now im nominated for Colombia.




November 12th: Got pre-medical clearance!! I'm told my file is now being sent to the Placement office for suitability and review :)


                                      ~complete silence~








Feb 4th 2014: PC emails me about an earlier departure date, and I am asked to consider Ethiopia or China, I was originally nominated for Colombia... but wanted Africa, so I took their offer!

Feb 6th (my 25th birthday!): given placement questionnaire & filled it out the same day.

Feb 7th 2014: Phone call by Placement officer & told at the end of the convo that I would be getting my invitation and I did!! 






2 comments:

  1. Do you have to be a college grad in order to be in PCV?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yess! although Im sure I just responded to your question on my youtube lol but yeah, you have to be a college grad

    ReplyDelete